Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
© 2020 In Initiative Inc. Built by the team at LeverageIT
Debbie Green Reg. N. IIWCC
Debbie is a Registered Nurse with 45 years of experience in Long Term Care sector. Previously Debbie has held the positions of Administrator, Director of Care and Nurse Clinician for various long term care home operators. Prior to joining In Initiative, she worked as an Application Specialist for computerized programs for Orders and Documentation in both United States as well as Canada. She has teaching experience with both Conestoga and Georgian Colleges and has received awards for the LINKS Conference in 2013 for Quality Outcome work and was a Delegates Choice Award winner at the OLTCA Applied Research Day in 2013.
Simon Jay is president and a principle consultant at In Initiative Inc. who has performed at a high level in most facets of pharma marketing and sales over the last two decades.
– Simon’s a strategic thinker with a strong analytical approach, well summed up in a quote by Michael Porter: “The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do.”
– He has substantial experience in setting competitive pricing for institutional contracts. He served as the Team Lead for the Alberta PLA Program where he focused on reviewing new submissions, negotiating and supporting negotiation activities at the provincial level on behalf of the Province of Alberta.
– He co-authored the guide to market access training manual provided by the Council for Continuing Pharmaceutical Education. It is used as part of the certification program in market access by the Canadian Association of Healthcare Reimbursement, where he was a two-term director.
– He was involved in the founding strategy and planning of the Merck Vaccine Division as just the second employee of that department, and became a key factor in its explosive growth and significant success. Simon’s baptism by fire” in the industry focused on finding opportunities for competitive advantage for commoditized products, given that the vast majority of vaccine purchasing at the time was tender-driven.
Simon’s previous roles include:
– Director of Marketing for Canada’s leading direct marketer to the health-care sector
– Board of Directors at Canadian Association for Healthcare Reimbursement
– Authored two books geared to pharma marketing in the long term care and retirement sectors
Simon’s holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree with a specialization in economics and an MBA from the University of Western Ontario which he completed at the Stockholm School of Economics.
Chris Brockington is partner and principal consultant at In Initiative and specializes in senior living and the issues that impact senior’s care.
– He focuses on culture change, community integration, strategic planning and project management.
– He is a recognized expert in managing large scale health-care and systems projects in senior living. He works closely with a multidisciplinary team of clinical and systems change experts in the areas of big diseases and their impact on seniors and frail elderly.
– He has presented at conferences throughout the world including the World Diabetes Congress, the Canadian Association of Gerontology Conference and the Ontario Association of Long Term Care Conference.
– He is the winner of the Ontario Long Term Care Association Quality and Innovation Award for the development and implementation of Diabetes Connect and Diabetes Protocol.
Chris’s previous roles include:
– Director and Lead Marketing & Communications Consultant, Lifecare Homes (managed by Extendicare Canada Inc. and Ernst & Young)
– Chair of the Ontario Retirement Communities Association Commercial Committee
– Advisor to the Ontario Long Term Care Association
– Lead project consultant for the Ontario Long Term Care Association’s Clinical Support Tools program
He is an active fitness and sports enthusiast and cottage-goer. Chris is a graduate from the University of Ottawa.
Marie Hewitt is a Consultant at In Initiative with a focus on pharmaceutical and seniors housing clients.
Marie is an energetic business professional whose ‘can do’ attitude delivers client satisfaction in the fast paced and changing healthcare market. She is a creative problem solver who uses her experience and insights to recommend solutions that deliver positive business results. Her highly organized, analytical and pragmatic approach to project ensures successful completion. She has a unique ability to apply best practices in new situations.
Marie’s previous roles include:
– Director of Business Development, Remedy’sRx Specialty Pharmacy
– Manger Business Development, Shoppers Drug Mart Specialty Health Network (SHN) where she also led the Proposals and Contracts process for the organization
– Account Director, MediResource, a provider of reputable online health information to Canadian consumers
– Account Director, ICOM a company which provided marketing communications to consumers of packaged goods and health products
– Brand Manager, Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Marie holds an MBA from Wilfrid Laurier University and a Bachelor of Science in Applied Human Nutrition from the University of Guelph.
Susan Veenstra is Lead – Clinical Operations at In Initiative and specializes in senior living
She is an empathetic (and empathic) Nurse Leader who offers her assistance to others through collaboration enabling them to attain optimal health and well-being and best practice. Through her intuition, problem solving skills and general concern for and interest in helping those in need, she builds long-lasting, productive relationships with peers and business colleagues to drive consistent, accountable and respectful care practices and systems.
Susan’s previous roles include:
– Nursing and management positions from bedside to Senior Management in acute care, long term care and retirement
– Administrator and Director of Nursing & Personal Care, Corporate Director of Nursing and Wellness for Community Lifecare Inc.
– Director of Clinical Services for Responsive Management Inc.
Susan holds a Nursing Diploma from George Brown College, Toronto General Hospital, a Bachelor of Arts in Health Studies at York University and a Master of Health Science Management at Charles Stuart University. She holds an active Long-Term Care Facility Administrator Certificate from the Ontario Long Term Care Association (OLTCA).
Susan remains an active surveyor with Accreditation Canada. She completes 2-3 surveys per year in the service fields of Long Term Care and Rehabilitation. Susan has also served as:
– Applied Research committee member at the Ontario Long Term Care Association (OLTCA)
– Quality and Risk Committee for the OLTCA Association
– The Professional Nursing Practice Group of the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO)
– Member on the LTC/CCC/Rehab Advisory Group of the College of Nurses of Ontario
Susan is professionally affiliated with the College of Nurses of Ontario, RNAO, Gerontological Nursing Association and the Ontario Gerontological Association.
Dr. Charles Piwko is a consultant and clinical expert.
– He has the ability to translate critical interpretations of scientific information into successful commercial applications.
– He has extensive experience in public and private-payer submissions through his role as president of CHP Pharma, a medical consulting company.
– He assists clients in developing reimbursement strategies and has been heavily involved in pricing assessments. For Fentora, a pain medicine for cancer patients, for example, he developed the clinical profile and engaged in the first assessments of value for this product which allows the team to accelerate activity and come to a more fulsome understanding of the market’s pricing requirements for this product.
– He has comprehensive experience in medical writing, including writing manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals along with abstract and poster preparations.
Dr. Piwko’s previous roles include:
– President of CHP Pharma Inc.
– Team Clinical Expert for the Alberta Product Listing Agreement Program
– President at Narimya Pharmaceuticals
– President at PIVNIA
– Director of Operations at Pharmideas Consulting
He holds a Pharmacy Doctor degree, a PhD in Pharmacology, and an MSc in Health Administration with a focus on Health Economics.